Monday, November 30, 2009

Pre-Thanksgiving Thoughts--23 Nov 2009

I´m thankful for a number of things, including hot showers and water you can drink from the tap. I´m thankful for the good people of all faiths in Peru and in the world. There are so many good people leading excellent lives and making important contributions that we all benefit from. I´m thankful for parents who taught me by their example to respect, love and serve all people, because we are all children of the same Heavenly Father.

I´m thankful for the Restored gospel, and how it provides the answers to questions that I have, and it provides peace and hope. I´m also thankful for the scriptures, especially the Book of Mormon and the New Testament, and for prayer, because I have been able to get the direction I need in my personal life from pondering those words.

I´m also thankful for General Conference, and for the guidance we get from the Holy Spirit and from living prophets. Many times, I have had words from various talks come thundering into my mind, inspiring me to repent and to be humble and to change. To live the gospel is to know it´s goodness (John 7:17), and when we know it (Alma 32), we are intrinsically motivated to live it. I`m thankful for you, my family and friends, and I love you so much. I want each of you to be happy!

Love,

Hna. Christensen