Monday, March 21, 2011

Thank You, Heavenly Father!

Hola, familia y amigos (hello, family and friends)!

This week I have seen various blessings from Heavenly Father. He is in the details of our lives and in the small and simple things. For example, we had skipped dinner (we eat lunch with the members) to cover more appointments and were hungry for real food (not just crackers) when we passed by this house. The family inside flagged us down and excitedly told us that they were members of the other ward. They were so excited to see missionaries (this isn't always the reaction we get from people so it is welcome!) and gave us tamales, which we ate later. Thank you, Heavenly Father, for answering our silent prayer!

We were able to go to my old area, Secoya, to help with the depuracion of the directory (find out who has moved, died, etc). That means I was able to see the people I love from my old area again (remember that I was in this area for 7 months of my life) and work with a special friend, Hna. Flor. She is the best. Thank you, Heavenly Father.

The Amazonas ward invited me to play the piano for a fireside they will have as YSA. I love music and was excited to play a real piano and not just a keyboard. Thank you, Heavenly Father.

We had a fireside as missionaries on Saturday and were able to feel the Spirit. I know that God lives and that He loves us. Jesus Christ is so merciful and His atonement and gospel are what we need to have happiness and peace in this life. The scriptures and the prophets are to help us have more faith in God and Jesus Christ even when times are really rough. Thank you, Heavenly Father.

I was able to sleep better when I remembered to pray and thank Heavenly Father for all the blessings He gives me every day.

Love, Hermana Christensen