Monday, December 13, 2010

Cutting the Umbilical Cord….and I am a Grandma!

After four and a half months, Hna. Avalos (my “daughter” in the mission, because I trained her) and I are being separated. She is training a new missionary and so am I, so that makes me a “grandma” in the mission. It sounds like “Father of the Bride” part 2. We knew it was bound to happen sometime, but we still feel super sad.

I am going back to Iquitos, but in a new area (the Church is pretty new there, only 3 months) and I am training! I was pretty surprised. When I left Iquitos I was so sure that I would never go back (I was there 6 months) and so I gave away almost all of my mosquito repellent! But, hey, that´s great!

On Sunday I cried as I gave my testimony in the ward and so did the ward members. It is so beautiful to leave an area in tears, because it means that you loved the people there and are a part of their lives and they are a part of yours forever. Wow, Hna. Avalos and I cry a lot! We are working together to make plans for how we can welcome in our new companions.

Also, the Hermana Ticona went to Mexico on Friday, so that was another tearful goodbye.

Finally, Rosa and Amador are going to get married this 18 of December! In other words, this Saturday! After months of so much work and effort, this couple, who has passed so many trials, will have the blessing of getting married and baptized. Wow.

Yonel, the 23-year-old investigator who studied to be a Catholic priest, is progressing. He is reading the Book of Mormon and has so many questions. Our other investigators are progressing but need to be married first.

Have to run!

Love, Hna. Christensen