Monday, June 14, 2010

Growth in People and in the Ward

The Panaifo family was baptized on Saturday. During the part of testimonies, it was so sweet to hear the testimonies of little 8 year old Fred and his brother, Luigi, 14. Luigi said that he felt a desire to be better, a change in his desires. Fred thanked the missionaries because his family was more united. I love this family. They have so little, yet they are willing to share what they have. I love the ward for arriving early to help clean the chapel and prep everything for the baptism. Not all wards are the same! We are working with this family so they can go to the temple in Lima and be sealed (it is a week’s travel in boat). What a great family.

The Stake is helping our little ward progress. They mandated that we have ward correlation weekly (something that will help the work improve a ton here) and we are asking for trainings for all of the organizations. I love this ward. Sometimes they get frustrated because things don’t work right, but things don’t work right if we don’t do them correctly! But, I understand them because I am learning a ton, too, from my own mistakes! I’m thankful for repentance. My companion said, reflecting is repentance. So true.
Have a great week!

Hna. Christensen