Sunday, May 19, 2013

Leaving on a jet plane....

Are you ready for this?


It's been a little over two years since I've gotten back from my full-time missionary service in the Peru Lima North Mission, for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I attribute so many blessings in my life as a result of my missionary service. I learned so many life lessons that I hope I have not forgotten in these two years since I have gotten back. I have formed amazing friendships with the people with whom I have served and who we served. I have felt an amazing spirit of love and unity that comes from working hard, praying hard, and trying to help others. I have seen miracles and have seen what can happen when people put their faith in God and in Jesus Christ.

And, now, it is time to go back!


I am excited to go back, but also, frankly, nervous.

-Will I ever get my packing and trip preparations done?
-What will happen when I go back? What the heck am I even going to do?
-Will I get lost? (That's a given. I don't even have to ask that question.)
-Will I be safe? Will I get robbed?
-Will I get fat (I sure hope so! The food is SO good!)?
-Will I be able to make a difference in such a short time span?
-What if my friends and church members don't like me?
-Will they understand and be forgiving if I have forgotten their names?
-Will I be able to understand and communicate in Spanish?
-Will my suitcase be too heavy (I hope I don't have to wear all my clothes at once, but I could do it if necessary)?
-Will I ever want to come back to the States? (Naaahh....probably not)


It hasn't quite sunk in yet, that I am even leaving the country. WHAT? What am I doing?!?!?!

So, stay updated on my trip by following my blog. I plan to update it at least once a week. And, I promise it will be entertaining, uplifting, and worthy of your time.

So, buckle your seat belts and let the adventure begin!!!