Monday, April 11, 2011

Working until the Last Day!

Hello, family and friends!

A big thank you to Bishop Jamison, Crystal Baysa and Kezia Carter for your letters! I am coming back the next week (Tuesday at noon in the MCI airport) so you can write me directly at my email.

This past week Agatha was baptized. (Javier is working through some Word of Wisdom problems and will need some more time.) At the baptism I was worried about certain details (the kids running around and making noise in the hallways, waiting for the family of Agatha to show up, etc.) and thinking about what we could have done to make it run more smoothly. However, when Agatha bore her testimony after her baptism and confirmation, I forgot all about the distractions. I thought, “She has just made a covenant with the Savior and she has just received the forgiveness of her sins.” In this moment, I could feel the love that the Savior has for her. I just knew that the Savior and Heavenly Father love her so much and Hna. Rodriguez and I love her too. It was really special.

I am so grateful for men who honor their priesthood and thus bless the lives of their families and the church. We are studying D&C 20, 84, 107, 121 as a zone and it is incredible to read about the priesthood and the church organization. After seeing so many different types of families, whew, I have gained a huge testimony of the importance of everyone knowing their responsibilities and fulfilling them. There is a huge difference in the families that live the gospel and those that don’t.

We have to work until the last day of the mission, because we are laying the foundation of future work to come and we never know who Heavenly Father will put in our path. There is still work to be done here in Peru. I will be sad to leave because the people are so wonderful, but there is service to be done everywhere.

Love,
Hermana Christensen